My favorite kind of blog posts to read are the mildly personal yet random sort of update posts. The posts filled with all the miscellaneous info that showcases a little more personality than normal.
So that’s what I’m doing.
I’ll admit, I totally stole this format from Amber Fillerup. She often does a “12 Things” post in which she includes 12 random updates on her and her family, and I love them.
So I’m copying her. Except I’m only sharing 10 because it (for some reason) feels more complete to me.
I’m not sure exactly how often I’ll do these sorts of posts, but for now, here are 10 random updates that no one asked for.
- I am obsessed with the new Taylor Swift album. I seriously love it so much. I wasn’t the hugest fan of reputation. I still liked it as an album, but it just didn’t feel like T. Swift, yaknow? I really love this album, though– it feels a lot like 1989 to me. It’s one of the few albums I enjoy listening to the entire way through on repeat without skipping any songs (yep, big fan). I will admit, I’m kind of heartbroken by the tour for this album, though. When I first heard the album, all I could think of was how awesome the tour was going to be– so when she announced that there would only be two North American locations, I was not thrilled. I guess I’m just going to have to make my way up to Foxborough, MA because there is no way I’m missing this. (Sidenote– how amazing would it be if Lizzo opened for her?! That’s a dynamic duo if I’ve ever seen one).
- On another music note, I’ve just discovered Ruel (I’m late to the party, I know) and I’m obsessed. His music has such good and groovy vibes and I’m just a really big fan. I really wanted to see him in Sydney but I only found out he was playing the afternoon of his show. A little bit frustrating, but I think I’d rather see him in a smaller venue in NYC anyway, so not a huge deal.
- Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I really like Tiktok. It feels like Vine in a weirdly comforting way, so I would recommend.
- A brand that I’ve worked closely with in the past, My Social Canvas, has just released the cutest phone cases in Target nationwide! These phone cases were actually designed by students at a MSC event a couple of years ago– and they’re seriously gorg. You can read about MSC and the event here.
- If you’re in the NYC area this month, you should go check out the Pumpkin Blaze up in Westchester. I went last year and it was so cute– lots of photo-ops! Sad to be missing it this year 🙁
- There’s this running joke in my family about how many movies I simply haven’t seen. That in mind, we compiled a list of all the movies I need to watch before college. I’ve started to check a few off my list, such as Forest Gump and The Karate Kid, but Gabriel and I are currently working through a Marvel movie marathon. I knew that this would be a task, and I am enjoying it (some movies more than others), but I’m six movies in and I still have quite a lot ahead of me, so I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, let me know of any movies you think should be on my list. I think it’s pretty safe to say that no film is too basic (I haven’t even seen Jaws, Rocky, or Star Wars 😬).
- I’ve been reading through the book of Zechariah this week and it has been blowing my mind. It has been really confronting for me, but in the best way ever. SO GOOD.
- I’ve been on the hugest açaí bowl kick this year. It’s crazy– I just cannot get enough! My family and I have probably tried almost every açaí bowl in Newcastle at this point. Our favorite is WIA on Darby Street. They have a much larger variety of bowls (including the maqui bowl if you prefer that!) and really good coffee. Not to mention that the girls who work there are super sweet. We’re big fans!
- We had another snake at our house last week 🤦🏻♀️. We have (thankfully) only had black snakes in our area, but it still gives me the heebie-jeebies.
- It was Gabriel’s 14th birthday yesterday! This is his first birthday we have been in Australia for since he was 7, so we did all the things we can’t do back in NYC. We had a cozy morning opening presents, went to his favorite lunch spot, visited our great-grandmother, and had a full family dinner that night. We even had some Cupcake Espresso instead of a cake! So delish. It always feels special when we get to celebrate with family. Such a gift.
All my love.
p.s. here is Gabriel’s birthday video for those who are interested!