1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (60g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup moist, sweetened coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the butter and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until almost combined.
- Mix in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chips until combined.
- Place mixture into fridge to chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoons and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.